Help the community live healthier lives through supplying more fresh food, healthier versions of things already donated, special dietary foods for those who need it and classes in organic gardening, nutrition and healthy cooking.
Garden of Health was started by Carol Bauer, Certified Holistic Health Coach, in February 2015 after seeing a need
Special Dietary Foods (gluten free, low sodium, diabetic friendly and allergy friendly)
- Working with each pantry to set up an area to keep special dietary foods
- Sorting through current donations to separate this type of food
- Help keep the pantries stocked with this food by having food drives, speaking with organizations that already do drives for the pantries and purchasing food with monetary donations
- Working with clients from the pantries in a garden where they have their own beds to grow food in and maintain.
- Supply the plants and any other supplies needed to grow for the season
- Clients get to keep all food they grow as extra food for their family
Nutrition and Healthy Cooking Classes
- Offer classes that will help people make permanent changes to their lifestyle that will have a lasting impact on their health.
- Offer recipes to use the fresh produce in different ways